I tried a new approach to Control your system with your phone from remote location, that I would like to share with all:
We can start any application or we can shutdown the system from phone being at any remote location.
So first I will share this method and then some benefits of this:
I will consider the example to shut down the system from phone:
1. open notepad and type “Shutdown -s -t 100″ and save it as Shutdown.bat
2. Go to Outlook and click Rules->Manage Rules->New Rule
3. Click on Apply rule on messages I receive under Start from a blank rule
4. Click Next and then check with specific words in the body, then click on the specific words at the bottom and type the word that you want to match, I will write Shutdown for this example, click next
5. from next screen check start application,then click start application from the bottom, browse your bat file and also check delete it
6. Click Finish
How to use from phone:
As such we created a rule in outlook and that would be executed by the mail only:
So If you have internet connectivity on the phone:
just send a email to your account which is configured with the outlook, with the content of the mail Shutdown
If internet connectivity is not there:
Send a multimedia sms from your phone with text as Shutdown
If phone doesnt support multimedia message also:
<email address> <space> <message>
To sms2mail gateway number…
07766 40 41 42
What if you don’t have an “@” symbol or an “_” symbol in phone?
Most mobiles support both “@” and “_” symbols, but if not you can use…
?? instead of @
!! instead of _
1. So you can Shut down your system from any remote location now with any phone.
2. The above process can be used for any other application also, say you need to start Teamviewer from remote location and then access your system as you want.. or
3. you can try with any application you like.
Please post your comments and feeback for the same… Will write more articles on this soon