To run a test script from any intermediate step, use the Ã¢‚¬Å“Run from StepÃ¢‚¬ option to run a selected part of your test. This enables you to check a specific section of your AUT or to verify whether a certain part of the test script runs smoothly or not.
In the Expert View, you can use the Ã¢‚¬Å“Run from StepÃ¢‚¬ option to run your test from the selected step until the end of the action. If the action contains nested actions, QTP runs the nested actions for the defined number of iterations of the nested action. Also keep in mind that using Run from Step in this mode ignores any iteration.
In the Keyword View, you can use the Ã¢‚¬Å“Run from StepÃ¢‚¬ option to run your test from the selected step until the end of the test. Using Ã¢‚¬Å“Run from StepÃ¢‚¬ in this mode includes all iterations. The first iteration will run from the step you selected until the end of the test; all other remaining iterations will run from the beginning of the test.
If you only want to run single iteration of your test, select Ã¢‚¬Å“Run one iteration onlyÃ¢‚¬ from the Run pane in the Test Settings dialog box.
You can insert a breakpoint if you wish to run your test until a specific point within the test script (and not to the end of the action or test). The test will then run from the selected step or action until the breakpoint.
To run an entire action, or run a test or action from a selected step:
- Make sure AUT is in a state matching the action or step you want to run.
- Select the action or step where you want to start running the test. Make sure that the step or action you choose is not dependent on previous steps, such as a retrieved value or a parameter defined in a previous step.
- Select Automation > Run from Step or Run Current Action, or right-click and select Run from Step. The Run dialog box opens.
- In the Run dialog box, choose where to save the run session results, and define any input parameters you want to use.
- Click OK. The Run dialog box closes and the run session starts